On your Mark... get set....




Before any big event, and yes I consider this to be a big event, there's a certain amount of preparation and consideration in terms of timing and realistic goals; for instance I've been travelling for work for the past 2 weeks, and I knew that starting anything during this time was just a recipe for failure, but now I'm back and it's time!

I usually start something new by having what I call a day 'zero' usually a day where I have no plans and a day of fasting, just my way of setting the mood for a reset.

FYI: It's 10:30 AM, and although I'm not usually hungry at this hour,  but because today I know I can't eat I'm currently starving...mind over matter!

OK my selected first 30:

1) TIME:

-No FACEBOOK for 30 days except 5 min when posting this blog

-NO TV (no Netflix, no news, no TV, only exception of the odd TED talk)

-1 hour reading every day (Ken Follet Edge of Eternity, I read the first two and have been putting this one off for like 5 years)

2) Schedule

-Every day work from 8:30 to 17:30 nothing more, nothing less

-Weekend: up at the latest 9:30 (yes that's very early for me!)

3) Food

-No alcohol

-No cheese (except to finish the cheese still in my fridge) 

4) Sport

- 30 days of yoga, I just signed up for a 30-day pass of hot yoga

5) Writing: 

My new project (since writing about not eating cheese for 30-days might get old very quick..)

Paris je t'aime: https://avladan.wixsite.com/website

60, yes I'm jumping right into it, 60 days no shopping!

GO!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts