Schiphol

So here I am, have I mentioned how much I love this airport? Not only do they give you a little map of the airport on your boarding pass but they tell you how long it takes to get from point A to point B!!! Crazy!

I'm actually sitting at the Internet cafe where i was 3 years ago coming back from Kenya, when i decided I would one day undertake what I'm about to do now. For a day that I have been planning for the past 3 years I was surprisingly nonchalant about it today. My goodbyes were hard (as expected) and I feel ever so blessed to have so many people who love me in my life.

So there I was at my gate 30 mins before my flight and not at the recommended 7 hours boarding time and who should i notice is on the same flight? Prof Misra!!!! Yes U1 Stats, probably one of the hardest classes in our program. (for those not in Engineering I don't mean statistical math where you learn how to take an average but static mechanics class) (in engineering you take statical math in order to understand how your final will be curved so that you have a fighting chance at passing). Anyhow, the crazy thing is he remembered me! Yeah we took his class 7 years ago. SEVEN! Insane.

I was sitting with a very nice elderly couple on their way to england. They were telling me about how they had just finished spending a week at their Chalet cross-country skiing...... I later found out they were 78 years old. I told them I have friends one third their age who wouldn't be able to keep up with them.

I'm going to mention again how much i love this airport, they have more chocolate stores than electronics. We stopped here a few times when coming to compete in Europe (this is when we would stock up on chocolate before the competition....sorry Siiri and Mira :) ).

Anyhow, i just wanted to give everyone a sign of life and say that I already miss you all.

Interesting Facts:
- there is no point in your flight being 15 mins early when they have to re-route your landing and then you spend an extra 45 mins taxi-ing to your gate, however the pilot wouldn't stop talking about how early we had made it
-KLM flight attendants are hot
- Schiphol is amazing

Comments

  1. hello!! i moved the cut-out version of your on our world map to amsterdam. your head is now floating in england and you're kicking austria like a soccer ball...:)

    here's the geek speak but i liked misra and his class was amazing! deformables on the other hand was somthing else...

    can't wait to hear your next update!
    joelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. KLM attendants will forever be tainted in my memory by the ridiculously bitchy one who refused to let us bring our hoops on the plane on the way to Belgium. Where were the hot ones back then?!?

    (P.S. Way to reveal the chocolate buying secret!)

    Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Part 1 of flying is done... =)Your mom said she couldn't sleep usually until you landed safely at your destination... but it's going to take 3 days!hehe Miss you already... xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to talk with you on your last day here in COLD Montreal. But I will be following your trip closely and I will be ready for your quiz when you come home....Liam and Emma are here with me and are blowing you kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1- Wait, didn't we have Misra for Mech I? Not to make you feel old or anything, but wasn't that *8* years ago? :P
    I'm not surprised that he remembered you though. He's as sharp as he is short.

    2- KLM must have tweaked their hiring practices in the past few months because I've never seen a HOT flight attendant any time I've flown with them. Though I must admit that I find their funny accent particularly endearing :)

    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wie of wat u ook wilt (laten) vervoeren: personen, documenten of pakketten, Wie of wat u ook wilt (laten) vervoeren: personen, documenten of pakketten, bij Marcus bent u altijd aan het goede adres. Onze gestage groei danken wij aan een hoge mate van klanttevredenheid. Wie die eenmaal heeft ervaren, wil niet meer anders!bij Marcus bent u altijd aan het goede adres. Onze gestage groei danken wij aan een hoge mate van klanttevredenheid. Wie die eenmaal heeft ervaren, wil niet meer anders!
      www.marcus.nl

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts