Oh how I've missed you

An interesting phenomenon happens when you start writing; writing something that someone else might read.  You somehow start seeing the things that happen to you like a story; an untold story waiting to be told; you see a random occurrence as a potential anecdote; you have conversations that you might want to recall or maybe even tweak a little; and this continuous narrative goes on in your head, as if you're continuously writing. 

At some point you even look for situations which might make the best story, instead of your stories following you, you start following them.  I've been following stories since last August without actually putting any of them down on paper and I admit I've missed writing.

This blog started as 'Leaving on a Jet plane' an easy way for my friends and family to follow my sabbatical in Africa and south east Asia a few years ago, then it became an random collection of everything going on in my mind/life, then it became an hommage to tango and then falling into deep questioning about the very essence of my life, in short the story of me which I've not only enjoyed telling but that I have missed sharing (maybe that makes me a bit of a narcissist, but it's true!)

So here I am now wanting to start sharing again from Paris, my new home..... starting over yet again and wanting to share it with you yet again, I hope you enjoy reading about it just as much as I plan on enjoying writing about it.

Comments

Popular Posts