URS for one Andreea Vladan Draft version


I want my cake and I want to eat it to!  So what I like about this saying is that firstly I’m not sure who actually wants cake without eating it….it doesn’t make sense, however what is nice is that at least you know WHAT you want!  CAKE!
I once heard someone say that the surest way to NOT get what you want in life is to not know what you want….
At my work, when we buy a machine we draw up this document called a URS (User Requirement Specification) which should clearly define what we want….and “surprisingly” enough whenever our machines don’t quite work like we want them to it’s usually because we didn’t define what we wanted in the first place.  Then after the URS is agreed upon with the supplier and construction starts, we’ll have a design review phase and then follow the process until the end product is ready.  URS’s can be revised in case there is a scope change or the machine needs new features to adapt to our ever changing needs.
So I thought why not apply this concept to life a little…. How do you know when you’ve made it and can take that proverbial exhale?  Anyhow, I if today I had to define my URS or ARS (Andreea Requirements Specification), this is how it would start.

Document Revision:
REVISION
MODIFICATION(S)
JUSTIFICATION
DATE
Draft
Document creation
New document
07 February 2014

 Glossary:
M: Mandatory requirement
O: Optional (but very very nice to have which may heavily impact the overall  cost J )
Instructions: Please complete Description as clear and measurable as possible
Note: Requirements are not in order of importance.
Description
Category
To be happy
M
To have people to love and to be loved
M
To always be able to fit into my jeans from university
O
To have a job that I like but maybe not LOVE so that it becomes my entire life
M
To achieve things through my own merit and not by putting others down
M
To travel
M
To learn to accept silence in social situations and not try to always fill it
O (but maybe M for other people’s benefit)
To learn to accept defeat and failure
M
To learn from defeat and failure
M
To travel alot J
M
TO have great skin!
M
To have fun
M
TO have fun without making an idiot our of myself
M
To accept that I can’t do it all and that I’m not the best at everything
M
To dance  on a bar
O
To not dance too much on a bar
M
To know how to have fun without regretting anything the next day
M
Be healthy
M
Not gain weight….
O (but really M)
To not be obsessed with the way I look (but still look good….)
M
To get an education and always have a job
M
To have money
M
To have a lot of money
O
To be happy with less money but still never have to worry about it
M
To have a family (husband and children and dog type)
O (but a nice O)
To adopt a child
O
To have many shoes J
O
To never be afraid to try new things and to never not try something out of fear
M
To fall deeply in love
M
To know how to recover from a broken heart without hiding it away forever
M
To never stop learning
M
To do more volunteer work
M
To read War and Peace and Moby Dick (Uuugghhhh)
O
To not be an obstacle to my own happiness
M
To learn how to wear make-up and fix my hair!
O
To stop being such a smart ass all the time and learn to admit to being wrong (although it really doesn’t happen very much J )
M
To learn to accept my body (including my thighs…)
M
To let others speak….
M (and very M for those around me)
To learn how to cook
O
To make time to cook
M
To not care what others think (but to be liked by everyone!)
M
(…..) to be updated when draft version is finalised
……


Comments

Popular Posts