Ending in style

So what are you doing for New Year's?  Somehow it feels like at all ages this question lingers on, it comes up weeks sometimes even months before the event and you're always supposed to have an answer.

New year's always feels like the most anticipated evening of the year and often times making it a little disappointing......ok maybe not every time but usually I feel like the best evenings are the ones you don't actually plan but somehow just happen.

Last night some friends and I decided that the last Saturday of the year deserved as much attention as the first day of the year.... and attention it got :)

2 great friends + 2 shots + 4 gin and tonics + a little bar hopping = a fantastically unplanned and successful evening! (and an extremely painful next morning...)

So now it's done and we can move on to other things.... reminiscing about the past year.  How was 2013?  Was it good? bad?.... or like everything else there is no black or white but alot of gray...I'm not sure yet on how I would rate this year or what to really hope or plan for next year, the only thing I can say is that I am extremely grateful for the people in my life.  I didn't plan to go home for the holidays this year and I must admit last week this really didn't seem like the best of ideas...it just made me miss home and everyone there ever so much more.

However,  like my own little miracle of the season, two wonderful people welcomed me into their families and gave me a Christmas in my home away from home. I couldn't be luckier to have found a family here and to have so much of it back home to miss when i'm away.

Missing something does mean that it's great enough to be worth missing :)


Comments

Popular Posts