An old love



My first visit to Florence was in 2003, August, the hottest summer in over 400 years, I had just come in from Paris with Anne Marie and was off to Italy…..alone for the first time.

I got in after the night train and went to my ‘hotel’ which was  a campsite overlooking the city, in the evening I walked down into the centre where the entire city was torch-lit and it seemed like everyone in Italy was out on the streets….it was love at first sight.  I loved every little corner, every monument,  every little coffee place, ice cream place…. It was the first time I was really alone somewhere, I had no idea what to expect or how I would react but it opened to the door to my entire travel history!  …. And then of course there’s the Italians.  Italians are God’s solution to womens’ low self-image,  if you’re feeling old, fat, lonely just go for  walk somewhere in Italy…..it’s in their genes, the just can’t help but be charming J

I recently had to go back to Florence for work and decided to stay a few extra days and just when I thought I had seen everything Florence had to offer, I discovered an entirely new side to it and what was amazing was that it was maybe even better than my first visit which I thought was impossible…..but it just goes to show you that life is full of surprises







.

Comments

Popular Posts