I'm back

It's been so long since I've written but also so long since I've wanted to write although I couldn't really start writing about today without catching up on my previous travels.... afterall that is what this blog is all about.

So here is the first my trip to Svalbard, now I won't go into all the details because it'll take forever and it probably won't be very interesting but here is a little information about Svalbard:

  • Ø  36th largest island in the world
    Ø  Permanent population of 2800 people
    Ø  Polar bear population roughly 3000 bears
    Ø  In the 17th and 18th centuries, it served as a base for whaling and trapping
    Ø  Along with the polar bear, the island is home to a variety of birds, artic reindeer and marine mammals
    Ø  Svalbard served as a base  for many North Pole expeditions

    Where is Svalbard?





Comments

Popular Posts