Carnival

The tradition of carnival is still very much alive in Europe, from the traditional pre-lent Carnival to pagan winter doll burning festivities, there seems to always be some sort of big dress-up party going on.

This year I went to Cologne with Meggi to see what their famous Carnival (and by famous I mean famous) was about! People take time off work and you should see some of the costumes....Darth Vader, Popeye....and all kinds of medieval knights.....princesses....jousters.....

There's a party spirit that takes over the city turning into something that feels like it's right out of a movie. I can't imagine the amount of alcohol that is consumed during this week :)






Meggi and all her family are firm Carnival-ers :)

Next year I think I'll take the week off also.....mainly to recover....

Comments

Popular Posts