Sometimes....


Yesterday was my first real day in my new community. We had a visit from one of the council members in Italy, Sr Teresa and like true salesians there was a party!

I was having a great time with the kids and watching the girls dance when out of nowhere I was overcome with.....sadness is the best word I can come up with. I started thinking about MY girls in Madagascar, I love them so much and worry about them all the time. Reality for them in Madagascar is so harsh, their future so uncertain.

I almost started crying right then and there, would they be ok? Had I really done anything at all to help them? Have I made any difference? What will happen to them? and not to mention how much I miss them. For as many times as I have said the world is a beautiful places filled with beautiful people (and it is) and I've been high on how happy I was....the same goes for how much suffering there is in the world.

The thing is poverty and misfortune has no criteria for choosing, it chooses at random and it can fall on 50 of the most wonderful young girls you've ever met and there's nothing you can do about it. It might also be some sort of nostalgia or how the moon and Venus were aligned, but I cried all night (I'm such a girl!). OF all the nights, last night was one when I really needed a hug and just to have someone with me and to tell me it would all be ok.....i hate when I'm so needy, but I guess it happens.

I miss you all

Comments

Popular Posts