Goodbye Kathmandu






My last days in and around Kathmandu were spent just contemplating the city and it's people, eating local foods, enjoying the smell of the market, fresh fruit juice and curd, fried momo.... I even went walking at 6 am on the streets to see how people slowly start their day.

I don't know why they say all good things come to an end....why? I think it should be the opposite, all bad things come to an end and good things last forever (or at least a little while :). Tomorrow, I leave for Bangkok and then Cambodia, I am sad to leave Nepal. Being here has been by far one of the nicest experiences of my life, the sites, the sounds, the people I met, Nothing compares.

I'm a little or very sad to leave as I always am, Nepal has been good for me (although my skin looks awful I don't know if you can tell from the pics but I've developed teenage acne!) and I just finished the Kite Runner which is a very heavy read but I'm hoping my new books: "the life in exile of the Dalai Lama" and the "killing fields of Cambodia" will cheer me up.....

We are November 13th, Friday the 13th actually, i just realized, I come home in 3 months. I can't believe how fast it's going and at the same time it feels like I left home years ago.

I miss you all

Comments

Popular Posts