everyone wants to be my friend

So the theme in Cape Town is everyone wants to be my friend. As if they all know that I'm determined to hate it here, everyone has just gone out of their way to be nice to me. 2 nights ago i went out for Sushi and i realized i have no clothes to go out in, and i mean no clothes especially since I'm in the St-Laurent equivalent area here. But nonetheless i wanted sushi so me and my Merrels (hiking shoes) and raincoat (not yellow) went for sushi at this very trendy place. I finished eating by 7:30 and was getting ready to leave when to my surprise the bartender offered me a drink (i love bartenders) now there were other much much prettier girls at the bar.....maybe he felt sorry for me but he spent the evening talking to me. Then the owner came and he and I finished a bottle of Cab Sauv and local Shiraz....both of which were great.

On my tour of Robben Island, the tour guide sat with me on the ferry back and we talked about how it was growing up in Apartheid South Africa.... I was told not to go into a certain part of town because it's the ghetto, so obviously I went and everyone there speaks french. They're all from Cameroun or Congo and came here in the hopes of making a better life for themselves. They bought me this local fried fish thing and I followed around a guy from Madagascar trying to speak to him in Malagasy and showing him my resident card.....he thinks I'm crazy!!! And of course he's right. But the ghetto peeps are my peeps! and they were super nice to me, it's been great.

So yeah everyone has been really nice but I'm still trying to hate it here, I'm going to go out tonight to a place where they play live music and I'm going to try not to have a good time.

Comments

  1. Hey sweetie, I hope you had an AMAZING time ;)
    *hugs* Live every single moment to its fullest, the good and the bad, since everything you will remember is what you make of it in the end.
    I miss you like crazy and am always thinking of you. Please be safe. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts